Bullying can happen to anyone at any age and can take place at school, online, in the street or even at home. Bullying is when someone or a group of people do things that hurt you and make you feel scared or bad about yourself. This can include:
- name calling
- talking about you
- taking money and possessions
If this happens to you then you need to tell an adult so they can help you. Bullies like to be kept secret so they can get away with their bad behaviour so tell someone and then they can’t get away with it. By reporting it you could stop them doing it to someone else.
Cyber or On-Line Bullying
This is when someone or a group upset or humiliate you using the internet, on-line games, email, apps, social media, or text. It is the same as any other form of bullying but you don’t always know who is doing it.
- If you get any horrible comments or messages take a screen shot immediately and show it to an adult. It can be hard but the best thing to do is not respond to any nasty comments and if they keep happening take action
- You can report online bullies by pressing the CEOP button that is on most websites
- Immediately block anyone who bullies you online. Even if you know the person, if they start being unkind to you then block them and report them to the website
- Always make sure your profile is safe and you have used the privacy settings so only people you know can see your posts
No one has the right to hurt you or make you feel bad and you don’t have to put up with it. If you are being bullied tell someone you trust NOW!